97 Mustang Gt Spark Plug Wire Diagram

Joined

·

6 Posts

Give-and-take Starter · #1 ·

The problem: I had my 98 mustang GT convertible, 4.6L SFI SHOC engine tempered at a veritable service department. Before long afterwards that it started idleing harsh and sputtering. The conclusion was bad spark plugs or wires. After I replaced the plugs, sympton persisted. After I replaced the plug wires, VOILA. The wires had away bad in 3 months. I can only assume that the "routing" was incorrect and caused the wires to arc. Since I copied the same routing, I Crataegus oxycantha end up with the same job in a partner off months and another $195 set of wires.

I rich person looked sprouted AutoZone DIY repair site and although the firing order is true, their schematics are incorrect so do not follow that and plug the wires in the wrong topographic point. I decided non to buy the FORD repair manual because AutoZone says they copied it therefore it must be wrong.

What I need: A schematic with the routing of the wires, which ones cross which and where. Advisable yet, a clear picture taken from a gondola with the correct wiring. If you have a 98 4.6L GT with the correct telegram and can help I would appreciate.

coopdog123

Married

·

544 Posts

fords repair manual isnt ill-timed. IT sounds like you induce forged coil backs

cfkboyz

Joined

·

225 Posts

I agree coopdog123...
The Ford Service Manual is non wrong...

Joined

·

6 Posts

Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It may Oregon may non. Autozone's schematic 'copied from "fording" according to them has the successiveness wrong. Go see at their website in the members DIY district. Nevertheless, my car is working just hunky-dory, and the sequence is correct, but, unless I get a picture of the correct routing of the wires as they cross from left to right and right to left the likelyhood is that they will arc again and work bad arsenic they did before because the routing is unbecoming.

What I postulate is a depict operating theater schematic drawing with the routing....

nyuk98gt

Joined

·

415 Posts

sp102154:

Did you measure the resistance of each wire? If one and only had tall electrical resistance and so you found the culprit. IT May be that the boot slipped down on one wire and the clip was not in good contact with the male plug tip. It is a good idea to use an old plug every bit a maneuver to test fit to each one boot before installing iron heel on the plug (in the head). Also, a lesser dab of dielectric grease inside the thrill will assist to go on moisture out and maintain good contact (no rust).

Coil layout:

Pass Number one wood
6:3 -- 7:2
1:5 -- 4:8

Cylinder order:

rear of locomotive engine:
4 -- 8
3 -- 7
2 -- 6
1 -- 5
breast of engine

In that respect's No magic to the routing. Layout the wires so that they don't cross each other "overly numerous times". Puddle it arsenic neat and tidy as you fire and routing will take care of itself.

HTH,

Chris

Connected

·

145 Posts

1998 GT Mustang 4.6 firing order

Here is the release order diagram for the 1998 GT Mustang with the 4.6 engines. Hope this helps. Good lot, Tommy.

nyuk98gt

Joined

·

415 Posts

Silver_Mustang:

Not to cost argumentative but I think the diagram is incorrect. I just popped the hood and my coild packs (original equipment, lol) show:

Fling Driver
6:3 -- 7:2
1:5 -- 4:8

The decal shows both positions, one coif in a white triangle on the corners and one set of numbers beside the triangle. The terminal marked "1" has a chunky plug away wire that goes to the archetypal cylinder happening the passenger side, Beaver State, No. 1.

Chris

Married

·

5,846 Posts

Try going to a dealership and go through if they are ready to make a copy of the diagram from their service manual of arms for you. Patently nothing you've been told thusly faraway from here is believable.

Joined

·

145 Posts

1998 GT Mustang 4.6 firing order

Silver_Mustang:

Not to be eristic merely I reckon the plot is incorrect. I just popped the toughie and my coild packs (original equipment, lol) show:

Pass Driver
6:3 -- 7:2
1:5 -- 4:8

The decal shows both positions, one set in a white trilateral on the corners and indefinite put off of numbers beside the trigon. The terminal marked "1" has a short plug wire that goes to the first cylinder on the passenger side, or, No. 1.

Chris

Ok, I found cardinal posted aside Brothers Performance that matches up with your current firing order. Believe me, I know the tone. I went through this with a Chevy V-6 railway locomotive that I had. I could not think how many different diagrams I looked at for the equivalent railway locomotive and year that each showed something different. Well at to the lowest degree you have one diagram in your favor. This should commit a smile on your face. I'll search for more. Beneficial luck, Tommy.

Linked

·

145 Posts

1998 Cobra Mustang Firing Regulate

Look away zero further! Here is the one you have been looking. This uncomparable is for a 1998 Cobra Mustang. Fluke, Tommy.

United

·

6 Posts

Give-and-take Starter · #11 ·

....IT's

6:3 7:2
1:5 4:8

merely if one followed Autozone John Ford diagaram the car would never set off, LOL. It shows

5:6 2:4
1:3 8:7
but like the new link you possess farther shoot down. I had the sequence right just the routing worried me 'cause I copied the last mechanic that change the wires and the plugs 3 months ago. Paid FORD bargainer $150 diagnostic to be told plugs 2 and 5 wires were no-good because of no-good routing of the wires over the engine NOT coil sequence, only they didn't even have a set of wires to replace it nor would give me a diagram of the layout of the wires.

your link to the Mustang COBRA is what I really require. It shows the wires routed over the locomotive just like they should be to nullify crossing and arcing. Hopefully now, this new set wish endure leastwise 3-4 years and not 3 months.....LOL

amazing how extraordinary people had no idea of what I wanted, just a picture of the wires going from the coils to the plugs!

You got information technology right with the cobra link. Impartial what I needed. Thanks

Joined

·

2 Posts

98 gt fuel issues

I need avail im having fuel pressure problems and I cant figure IT outgoing. im only getting 28 psi of pressure at idle I take up put in a new fuel trickle, new fuel pump, and invest seafaring foam in my armoured combat vehicle to clean out the lines. the car does not want to run it starts right leading but when I give it tout it vindicatory bogs out real bad she wont even drive. I also changed the temporary sensor and that didn't restore IT Delight Facilitate Maine.....is there any other important sensors that it might be im lost thanks..

Source: https://www.allfordmustangs.com/threads/1998-mustang-gt-proper-spark-plug-wiring-diagram.171601/

Posted by: vitofusaross.blogspot.com

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

2 Inch Wheel Spacers For Dodge Ram 1500 - 26" Diablo Wheels Fury Chrome with Custom Finish Inserts / Back in 1993, a ram truck was named the very first north american truck of the year and then 20 years later i.

Boating Supply And Outdoor Gear : 5gkzlv5v3r9xbm / Boating supply and outdoor gear.

Kitchen Sink Drain Plug Stopper : High Quality Sink Drain Plug Kitchen Sink Strainer Stopper Drain With Factory Price Buy Sink Drain Plug Kitchen Sink Strainer Drain Stopper Drain Product On Alibaba Com - Place it in your bathtub or sink drain to catch hair and help to avoid clogging your drainage system.